The Optical Shoppe has been serving the greater Princeton area for over 30 years. We offer personalized service from helping you choose the best frame for you to helping you with your prescription lenses. Our team of licensed Opticians is always available for minor repairs and adjustments.
Conveniently located in the offices of Princeton Eye Group, we now offer service to the greater Somerset and Monroe Township areas in addition to our Princeton office.
We carry a wide variety of frames in all price categories and use only the highest quality lenses. For our contact lens and LASIK patients, we also have high quality non-prescription sunglasses that will protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
The Optical Shoppe would like to make your eyeglass purchase a fun and exciting experience! Please don’t hesitate to contact us to set up an appointment. We are more than happy to take care of all of your eyewear needs.
Danielle Vigilotti, NJ license TD3704
Top 10 Reasons to Choose the Optical Shoppe
- Our extensive range of unique, high quality eyewear picked especially for you also comes with additional admiration and envy as passersby stop and ask you where they can find eyewear like that too!
- We nurture memorable relationships with our patients, creating lasting impressions as we guide you along the way to finding your new designer eyewear.
- Our highly anticipated renovations will entice you to become submerged into the world of eyewear here at The Optical Shoppe, encouraging you to browse until your heart’s desire while we bring to life a specialized pair of spectacles on site.
- We offer the best technology to enhance your visual experience, using the most advanced products like Crizal Anti-reflective coating, designed to reduce common dilemmas such as glare with night driving, to Varilux Progressive lenses which offers a modernized feel with everything in between, compared to bifocal and multifocal lenses.
- We are family friendly and budget sensitive with many cost competitive to high end designer spectacle choices from kids to grandparents.
- As a private practice, the Optometrist and/or Ophthalmologist are an integral part of the process, working closely with their highly educated, Board Certified Technicians and Opticians as allies to make sure the prescription is just right for the patient.
- We provide a 1 year warranty on frames and lenses, and give life time care on your glasses! Adjustments, cleanings and minor repairs are always free of charge. What’s more, if you never need it, you don’t pay! Your copay is also only due at the time of Warranty Service.
- In the event that glasses are needed after cataract surgery, The Optical Shoppe will gladly submit your claim to Medicare on your behalf for reimbursement under Medicare guidelines. (Please stop in for details!)
- We accept VSP (Vision Service Plan) as insurance coverage, which means you can save as much as 60% off your purchase according to your personal benefits, here at The Optical Shoppe.
- Buying from independent optical stores means you are supporting your local community!
- Visit our online frames gallery.
- Click on the “Search Frames” link to filter by type, brands, frame shape, material, color, and size.
- Browse through the frame options.
- Click the heart icon to add the frame to your Favorites.
- Use the “Try On” feature to see what the frame looks like on your face (selected models only).
Princeton Healthcare Center
419 N. Harrison Street, Ste. 104
Princeton, NJ 08540
Monday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 7:00pm
Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 12:00pm
Clearbrook Commons Medical Complex
298 Applegarth Rd, Ste. I
Monroe Twp., NJ 08831
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Like Us on Facebook
We started with the simple idea of bringing the best from us to you. From our founder to our front-line workers, we put lots of love and careful thought into all we do. We hope you enjoy all we have to offer, and share the experience with others.